Saturday, November 11, 2006

Final Project II

After reexamining my initial project proposal, I’ve decided to scrap the idea of creating a video short of some type. It would be fun and all, but I don’t think I’ve got the time or the facilities to realize any of my ideas.

Instead, I think I’d like to create a hyperfiction website, similar to what we did in class last Thursday. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I had a lot of fun working on my piece. Plus, doing this would give me a chance to try my hand at some web design, something that I’ve never really tried before.

I think for the most part I already have all the tools I need for this project:


1) For the creation of the html files, I have a copy of Dreamweaver. I honestly have never played around with it, so I might need some help from the more web savvy people in the class. Then again, my project will be pretty much just text and graphics, very similar to the 24 Hours With Someone You Know. I know, I know, that’s vintage web design— maybe I could get some suggestions from the class on how to kick things up a notch.

2) Photoshop, Illustrator, and a camera (for creating the aforementioned graphic elements).


3) Some time and a bit of creativity.

The actual concept for the site would be pretty much like I outlined in my Hyperfiction II post. I’d start things off with a one or two fiction pieces, then either give readers the option of submitting stuff via e-mail or figure out how to let them create their submissions on-line like Dark Lethe. That second option is where I’d need some real help with building.

Anyway, that’s my (new) idea. What do ya’ll think?

P.S. I've played around with the html files we made in class with Dreamweaver, and this is the result... pretty simple, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home