Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Modest Project Proposal

For my final project, I was thinking of doing something with video: perhaps a total rip-off of Ask A Ninja, such as “Ask a Thirties Gangster” or “Ask a Beatnik” or "Zombie Hunter Tales" (I don't know!)— something that could be repeated fairly easily and with a minimal amount of props.

Another option I was thinking about doing was creating a short-form documentary and submitting it to Current TV and see what kind of response I could get. Topics I was thinking about include a highlighting the efforts of an animal rescue group in the North State that my wife volunteers for; or highlighting my old employer’s efforts to stay competitive against a new big box store. (Local Lumberyard vs. Home Depot).

Or another option would be a vlog on how to video blog on the cheap. Segments could be: how to choose equipment; going over the features of some free video editors (Avid FreeDV) and open source editors (VirtualDub, Avidemux, and Cinelerra) and audio for video (Audacity).

Anyway, those are my rough, early phase ideas for the final project.... any thoughts?

4 Comments:

  • Excellent. I can definately see something like that. That or you do something over a laptop and give your response to it...

    Just like this guy...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:31 PM  

  • Ninjas are pretty popular these days. But so are pirates.Why are they always being compared?

    A fan of horror videogames, I like the idea of zombies. Maybe not so much talking, but motions and actions you could do. Maybe you can have an unfortunate main character who has a zombie buddy. He can ask the zombie questions from viewers while trying not to get his brain eaten or something.

    But really anyone can take up an identity or just be 'themselves' and spout crap like this Republican.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 6:19 PM  

  • I like the zombie idea too, it might take some work as far as the make-up and costumes, unless of course you are in touch with some real zombies. i found this Zombie Blog, maybe they can put you touch with some resources.

    By Blogger Rio, at 12:29 PM  

  • current TV has a pretty crappy distribution deal. Depending on your topic , I would recommend Free Speech TV to submit your piece to.
    http://www.freespeech.org
    and using online sevices like revver or blip, ifilm.

    Last I looked Current's deal was exclusive for a year and they don't pay much for that.

    By Blogger ~ FluxRostrum, at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home